Monday, September 12, 2005

Films Set in New Orleans

For the past two weeks, horrific scenes of devastation wrought by Hurricane Katrina have seared our collective consciousness. Here in Houston, the epic proportions of the tragedy are all too real as our city tends to thousands fleeing the wreckage. As for myself, the past week was spent gathering clothing for the survivors and much-needed supplies for our local SPCA. I hope to start volunteering at the Houston FOOD BANK soon. As a nation, we’re in this for the long haul. If you haven’t yet, I urge you to DONATE either money, needed items, or your time to help rebuild the lives of those living in the Gulf Coast.

On a lighter note, here is a nice list of classic films set in and around New Orleans from the folks at the Classic Movies website. For a more tongue-in-cheek list, the Metrobloggers of New Orleans has a list of cheesy and bad films set in their fair city. I take minor exception with them for listing THE BIG EASY (1987) as a bad film. I like The Big Easy, or should I say, I like Dennis Quaid in The Big Easy!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Permalink
Posted by Evan Derkacz at 9:30 AM on September 12, 2005. 'At night I prayed to God to have mercy on my soul.' Blog Tools Should the Republicans' Katrina revisionism begin to take hold of your friends or family; ...
Nice content! We'll visit often...

Why not browse our raster to vector - related site and see what we have to say about raster to vector?

Meanwhile, keep up the gerat blogging!

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home