Thursday, January 13, 2005

A New Year at Flicker

After a long holiday break, I’m back and read to start blogging again. In the coming year, I hope to post more in-depth entries, broaden coverage into recent independent/art/foreign film fare, as well as highlight current issues and technology within the film community. To that end, I’m excitedly planning a trip to Austin’s South by Southwest Film Conference and Festival in March. I attended the conference a couple of years ago and saw some amazing work by both up-and-coming and veteran filmmakers; I’m sure the 2005 conference will be just as compelling. As for other blogging goals, I want to make this site more available and user-friendly, placing it on various search engines, updating my profile, and making it easier for those who would like to ask questions or leave comments.

I’m starting the year, however, with an old stand-by—the R.I.P. The link below leads to the L.A. TIMES obituary for Thelma White, who achieved notoriety as a lead in the anti-marijuana cult classic REEFER MADNESS (1936). As you will read, she led quite a colorful life, starting as a child carny crisscrossing the Midwest, not unlike the outfit depicted in HBO’s surreal and fascinating series, CARNIVALE.


Thelma White, 94; Actress Known for 'Reefer Madness'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home